Air: Airport Podgorica (TGD) and Airport Tivat (TIV) - www.montenegroairports.com
Road: with Serbia (Ranče, Čemerno, Dobrakovo, Dračenovac, Vuče), with Kosovo (Kula), with Albania (Božaj, Sukobin, Grnčar), with B&H (Sitnica, Ilino brdo, Vraćenovići, Krstac, Nudo, Šćepan Polje, Metaljka, Šula), with Croatia (Debeli brijeg, Kobila) - Getting by car
Rail: railway stations Bijelo Polje and Tuzi - Getting by train
Sea: the ports of Bar, Budva, Kotor, Zelenika, Kumbor (Portonovi) - Getting by boat
VISA REGIMES Overview of visa regimes for foreign citizens
REGISTRATION OF YOUR STAY IN MONTENEGRO
During your stay in Montenegro you are obligated to register and derigster your stay.
If you are staying at a hotel, in private accommodation or in some other hospitality faciity your host is obligated to register your stay on your behalf within 12 hours from the moment of your arrival an is also obligated to deregister your stay.
If you are foreigners and you are staying in Montenegro for tourism purposes, but you are not using serveces of accommodation providers, you may register your stay at the local tourism organisation or at the police station in the place of your stay, or through the competent local government body, within 24 hours from the moment of arrival.
If you are staying in several municipalities in Montenegro, you are obligated to register your stay in each municipality in which you are staying longer than 24 h.
Registration will be subject to inspection.
UNOFFICIAL BORDER CROSSINGS
If you are planning to take a hiking tour which includes crossing of the state border outside the official state border crossing points (e.g. Prokletije, Hajla, Ljubisnja, Kamena Gora, Maglic, Orjen mountains…), a relevant legal procedure must be observed.
The application form for crossing a state border outside the official state border crossing points (attached) should be lodged with the competent institution, namely state border police of the country from which you are exiting. Border police of the exiting state shall undertake all the necessary measures so to provide for your safe crossing.
When making plans to exit Montenegro outside the official state border crossings points, the Application form should be lodged with the local border police office which is in charge for the relevant area (contacts are attached) and they will provide you with their reply in a timely fashion. In cooperation with the border police of the neighboring country, a competent organizational unit of the border police shall provide all the conditions for your uninterrupted and safe crossing and inform you thereof.
The Application form may be lodged for groups and individual crossings the state border.
Along with the filled Application form, a scanned travel documents should be sent by email or by fax.
If you are not sure to which border zone belongs the area for which you are submitting your Application form, we kindly ask you to send your Application form to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Rulebook - Crossing outside the state border crossing points
- Contact list for Application form submission
- Application form
NON-COMMERCIAL MOVEMENT OF PETS
On the basis of the Rulebook on the conditions for non-commercial movement of pets, which is in accordance with the provisions of Regulation No 2013/576 / EC on the non-commercial movement of pets is defined: Pets (dogs and cats) can move non-commercially if: are identified in the prescribed manner
- followed with the passport
- vaccinated against rabies
- older than 12 week on the day of vaccination
- It has past 21 days since the day of vaccination in the case of the first vaccination against the rabies
- antibody titration test against rabies was performed 30 days after the vaccination date and at least three months before the date of non-commercial movement
- when entering or leaving from Montenegro, pets are treated against Echinococcus multilocularis in a prescribed manner
- they are accompanied by a veterinary health certificate Pets are allowed if they are accompanied by a veterinary passport and an appropriate veterinary certificate for the non-commercial movement of pets, issued by an official veterinarian of the exporting country. Please find attached model of certificates for non-commercial movement of dogs and cats to Montenegro.