29-31May-MayDay after tomorrow
- On the surface of only 13 812 km2 Montenegro has almost all forms of relief!
- The Boka Bay is the southernmost fjord in the world.
- Canyon of the river Tara is the deepest canyon in Europe
- The monastery Ostrog is one of the biggest sanctuaries in the world. It is visited by people of all religions.
- The oldest tree in Europe lives in Bar: the Old Olive Tree is over 2,000 years old. Its volume is about 10m. More than 100,000 olive trees in municipality of Bar are more than 1,000 years old.
- Mediterranean spreads as far as the olive tree grows.
- Skadar Lake is the largest lake in the Balkans.
- Surface of Skadar Lake varies from 400 to 525 square kilometres.
- All mountain lakes in Montenegro are glacial lakes and are condemned to gradual disappearance.
- Only large predatory fish live in Plavsko Lake - five species (huchen, black mudfish, pike, burbot and chub).
- The largest specimen of huchen in Montenegro was caught in Plavsko Lake and it weighted 41.5 kg.
- There is a phoenix-plant: gentle Ramonda serbica, a flowering plant, protected by law, which grows on the slopes of the mountain of Rumija; even dry it can be revived with first rain.
- The only habitat of black salamander (Salamadra atra) in Montenegro is on the mountain Bogićevica (Prokletije) at the altitude of 1,952 m above sea level.
- From time to time we have coloured rains – yellowish or reddish. Cause: the southern wind brings air from Northern Africa full of desert dust.
- A young Norwegian officer brought first skis to Montenegro in 1893.
- The first bicycle came to Montenegro at the end of the XIX century.